Laugerie Basse Shelters
Laugerie Basse Shelters
24620 Les Eyzies De Tayac-Sireuil
Prehistoric deposit listed as World Heritage by UNESCO
A few meters away from the cave Le Grand Roc in Les Eyzies, Laugerie Basse has been a reference for prehistorians all over the world.En savoir
The large amount of archaeological remains discovered here show a cultural and artistic activity unrivalled in the area and even in Europe.The site consists of two rockshelters : the Abri de Marseilles and the Abri Classique. The decorated objects found here perfectly illustrate the artistic level of modern prehistoric man. Near the Abri des Marseilles is a museum with information about mobile art and a film about geology and archaeology.Together with Le Grand Roc, Laugerie Basse will take the visitor on a journey through time.
infos pratiquesPériodes et heures d'ouverture
- From 06/02 to 01/04 : 10h-12h30 and 14h-17h30 / Closed on Monday except during school holidays
- From 02/04 to 05/07 : 10h-13h and 14h-18h
- From 06/07 to 31/08 : 10h-19h
- From 01/09 to 02/11 : 10h-13h and 14h-18h
- From 03/11 to 31/12 : 10h-12h30 and 14h-17h / Closed on Monday except during school holidays
Tél +33(0)5 53 05 65 60
Fax +33(0)5 53 05 65 67
Mail Nous contacter
Tél +33(0)5 53 06 92 70
- Dogs on leash accepted
- Partial access for disabled people
- Restaurants in the village
- Cro-Magnon architect (6 to 12 yrs): build a shelter under a cliff and recreate the various chores for the inhabited area with almost the same tools as they had at the time.
Opening dates : during summer holiday
Tariff: 4 euros.
Informations et booking: +33(0)5 53 06 92 70
Guided tour on request :
- Capacity : 50 personnes
- In French and English (other languages, please contact us).
Bus Parking (50m away)
School groups :
- Workshops for children : 1h
- Workshop "Sur les traces des animaux" : 40 pers. maxi. Cycle 2 et 3
- Picnic possible in the rockshelter
Des vacances scolaires pour remonter le temps
Top départ pour la saison
Avec les vacances de Pâques, tout redémarre. La Sémitour, qui gère les Grands Sites du Périgord, est fin prête.
|Ticket Grand Roc Cave|
|Combined ticket Grand Roc Cave / Laugerie Basse|
* 20 persons and + ; after booking ; Tour leader and bus driver free
** 1 teacher free every 10 pupils
Save money and visit 2 great sites!
Grand Roc + Laugerie = Discount price