The essential complement of Lascaux II
The Thot proposes an approach of cave art as an introduction to the visit at Lascaux or as a complement.En savoir
You will discover the five major copies of the decorated panels of the Nave gallery of Lascaux (the "great black cow", the "swimming stags", the "crossed bisons", the "imprint", the "seven ibexes") that are not reproduced at Lascaux II. And the only humanrepresentation of the cave with the panel of "the wounded man". After the diorama of the magdalenian artists' workshop, three videos about details of Lascaux paintings are shot on rocklike screens. A walk in the park will allow you to compare the animals painted at Lascaux with their live descendants (aurochs, deer, Tarpan horses, bisons...).
infos pratiquesPériodes et heures d'ouverture
- From 01/01 to 01/04 : 10h-17h / Open every days
- From 02/04 to 05/07 : 10h-18h
- From 06/07 to 31/08 : 10h-19h
- From 01/09 to 02/11 : 10h-18h
- From 03/11 to 31/12 : 10h-17h
Tél 05 53 05 65 60
Fax 05 53 05 65 67
Mail Nous contacter
Tél 05 53 50 70 44
- Courtyard and picnic shelter
- Toilets (with changing table)
- Dog on leash accepted
- No acces for disableb people
Présentation des ateliers :
- Cave Painting (5 yrs +): in a reconstituted cave, discover and use the same techniques of painting as our Cro-Magnon ancestor, both hunter and artist.
- Initiation to archaeological excavation (7/8 yrs +): to discover, release and identify the remains preserved in the ground.
- Initiation to spear throwing (7/8 yrs +): handling of the atlatl. Evolution of hunting weapons during prehistory. Try and throw spears on target.
- Manufacturing of a grease lamp and demonstration of the techniques of fire (7/8 yrs +): Fire was essential to Cro-Magnon for his survival in the environment of the time. This workshop shows how to manufacture grease lamps.
Opening time : During summer holiday
Tariff : 4 euros. Informations et booking : +33(0)5 53 50 70 44
- Open tour in the park and in the museum space
- Bus parking
School groups :
- Educational workshops : 1h ; Courtyard and picnic shelter
- "Cave Art" Workshop : 40 pers. max ; 5 yrs +
- Excavation workshop : 25 pers. max ; 7/8 yrs +
|Billet Le Thot|
|Billet jumelé Lascaux / Le Parc du Thot|